Just another pumpkin flavoured recipe coming at you LOL. You can never have too much pumpkin….well I guess maybe. I whipped this recipe up today. It was super quick and easy and a perfect little treat for this season.
What I love about this recipe is that it’s super easy and a lot healthier then your traditional Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups….and in my opinion it tastes a heck of a lot better. All of the ingredients are relatively healthy, but sweet enough to cure that sweet tooth at the end of the week.
As you can tell they don’t look quite the same as your traditional peanut butter cup and that is because I ran out of cupcake liners…wow I am such a great food blogger..I am not even prepared But it actually turned out really well without it. I just sprayed each individual cupcake tin with cooking spray and poured the chocolate straight in. They came out very easily when it was frozen!
This recipe is too good that it will be hard to not eat the whole batch in one day!
Vegan Pumpkin Peanut Butter Cups
By: healthienut Makes: 5 large cups
- 2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2/3 cup super creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Start by lining cupcake tins with liners.
- Melt chocolate chips & coconut oil in a double boiler over low heat.
- Pour about 2 tbsp of chocolate into each liner. Using a spoon, spread chocolate around the sides and bottom of the liner. Freeze for 15 min.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, and pumpkin spice. Scoop about 1 1/2 tbsp of mixture and spread an even layer over the frozen chocolate.
- Pour another layer of chocolate, about 1.5 tbsp, over the pumpkin mixture and coat evenly. Freeze for 15-20 min. or until firm. Enjoy!