Wow, what a long title…but don’t let that pull you away from this delicious treat!! I have yet to post a vegan cookie recipe on my blog yet, so here it is! Whipped these up in less than an hour last weekend and I couldn’t resist posting a recipe for them. Ya know when you have that feeling when you’re all comfy and just need a warm cookie and a glass of milk (plant-based of course!)….well this is that cookie!
So I got the inspiration for a chocolate dipped cookie off of Pinterest! I was surfing through it and found this recipe for chocolate dipped coconut macrons and I thought….what about a chocolate dipped cookie….wait…even better….a chocolate dipped PEANUT BUTTER cookie! I was so excited that I rushed to the kitchen and made a yummy recipe with the stuff I had!
What I love about this recipe is that they are simple ingredients that an average vegan…or non vegan…would have in their kitchen!
So I’m guessing you want me to get on with sharing the recipe…ok…
Heres what you’re going to need
1/4 cup cold vegan butter
3/4 cup sugar (1/2 coconut, 1/2 cane)
3/4 cup+ 1 tbsp peanut butter
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax seed + 2 tbsp water)
1/4 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tbsp coconut oil
pinch of sea salt
dark chocolate chips (1 cup)
1. Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees and lining a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Prepare your flax egg by mixing 1 tbsp flax seed + 2 tbsp water in a small bowl, let sit for 5 min.
3. In a stand mixer or using an electric hand mixer, cream the sugar and butter in a medium bowl. Then add the peanut butter, vanilla, flax egg & almond milk.
4. Once all wet ingredients are thoroughly combined, add in the flour slowly, until it becomes a slightly thick dough (easy to form balls). I didn’t end up using all the flour, so don’t worry if there is some leftovers.
5. Add in the rest of the dry ingredients except for the dark chocolate chips and sea salt. Mix until combined.
6. Taking 2 tbsp of dough at a time, roll into balls. Place down on the parchment lined baking sheet.
7. Taking a fork, flat down each cookie by making a print in a criss-cross/X pattern (Picture above gives an idea).
8. Bake for 15-16 min or until firm. Cool for 5-10 min.
9. While cooling the cookies, melt the chocolate in the microwave or double-boiler. Dip each cookie half way and place on a plate. Sprinkle chocolate side with a little sea salt. Freeze cookies for 5 min. until chocolate hardens or eat as is.
10. Warm them up or keep them cold…enjoy!