If you don’t know….I am obsessed with granola, oats, you name it. I put it on vegan yogurt, with milk, and of course my smoothie bowls/nicecream. I love getting that perfect crunch to my food, and granola always does the job.
I always put a crap ton of raw oats on my smoothie bowls….because for some reason it always gives the perfect texture. Today I actually processed a bowl full of some oats in my food processor just so I could top it on my smoothie bowl. Its ridiculous how much I put on LOL.
So I spent some extra time in the kitchen to create this perfect, sweet and crunchy granola.
- To replace my oat obsession with a more reasonable topping HAHA
- Granola is just so good
This granola is not only super crunchy and delicious but it has a perfect sweet taste to it that it almost tastes like an oatmeal cookie…HOW AMAZING?! ❤
An important tip with baking granola is to make sure it does not burn. Burnt oats do not taste good at all…trust me. So make sure to take it out every 5-6 min, stir it around, let it sit for a bit, then put it back in. That way, it doesn’t burn and it gets even more crunchier and delicious..yum 😉
So heres what your going to need..
- 3 cups oats
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 3/4 cup nuts of choice (I used a mixture of almonds & walnuts)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 TBSP hemp seeds
- 2 TBSP shredded coconut
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup maple syrup (sub for agave or honey)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup dates
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend the 1 cup of dates in a food processor until its a paste. Add water if needed. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl (including date paste). Mix with a spatula.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, spread out granola mixture on baking sheet. Make sure its a even layer.
- Bake for 8 min. Then stir around and let sit out for 5 min.
- Put it back in oven for 10 min. Stir around and let sit out for another 5 min.
- For the last time, put it back in oven for 5 min. Stir around and let sit out until desired crunchiness.
- Store in an air tight container, and enjoy with some plant based milk, or whatever you desire.
Let me know if you tried this delicious recipe out, have a wonderful, happy and healthy day ❤ xx