I feel like I haven’t POSTED IN FOREVER! Its only been a couple days, but that feels like forever for me…so sorry 😦 I am back!! I am not going to be able to post any recipes this weekend because I am going on a little trip, but I will definitely be posting my updates/what I am doing/tips/etc. LOL!
I have been and always will be obsessed with PASTA! Its seriously so delicious and you have no regrets about eating it when its filled with nutritious plant-based foods. So…SAY BYE BYE TO THOSE REFINED WHEAT PASTAS and say HELLO TO HEALTHY DELICIOUSNESS!! ❤
I decided it would be perfect to start off with simple recipes on this blog to show you guys how easy it is to make vegan recipes and have it taste AMAZING! Pastas are always so simple yet so unhealthy sometimes. So I decided to come up with a heathy nutritious pasta sauce paired with some guilt-free noodles!
Heres what your going to need!
1 1/2 cup brown rice pasta (or quinoa or corn pasta)
1/4 cup diced red onions
1/2 TBSP chopped garlic
1/4 cup chopped mushrooms
1/4 cup sliced zucchini
1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
1 TBSP tahini
1/3 cup chickpeas
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp basil
Salt & pepper to taste
Handful fresh spinach
Nutritional yeast (to sprinkle on afterwards)
- Boil enough water to cover your pasta in a large saucepan.
- Stir in pasta and cook until done. (drain when done)
- While cooking pasta, sauté onions & garlic in a medium fry pan on medium heat.
- Stir in mushrooms and zucchini, sauté for about 3-4 min.
- Pour in tomato sauce & tahini. Stir until boil.
- Reduce heat and cover until thickened a little bit.
- Stir in chickpeas, cook for another 3-4 min.
- Stir in oregano, garlic powder, and basil.
- Stir in spinach until it wilts down into sauce.
- Turn off heat and set your pasta sauce aside.
- Pour in noodles in a medium sized bowl topped with the sauce.
- Sprinkle on your nutritional yeast and garnish with parsley!
HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY FILLED WITH YUMMY NUTRITIOUS FOOD 🙂